Skip to main content

September 17, 2013 - Updated 02.06.18

Refunding Medicare: Reminders

Do you need to send information for an overpayment to the Medicare Office? Make sure you are using the most current forms in order for the information to be processed correctly. The Overpayment Refund form, the Immediate Offset Form, and Overpayment Recovery Form are all under the Forms section of our website (select the Forms button on the left).

Other tips:

  • Before you request an immediate offset, you must have received a Medicare Demand letter. If you are refunding an overpayment that has not been requested from Medicare (also known as a "voluntary refund"), use the Overpayment Recovery Form.
  • If you are sending multiple overpayments from a single office or practice, send one check per each CGS overpayment type listed below:
    • Part B overpayment
    • Part A overpayment
    • DME Jurisdiction B overpayment
    • DME Jurisdiction C overpayment
  • For additional help with overpayments, refer to the CGS Overpayment Recovery flow chartPDF, which will walk you through the process.

26 Century Blvd Ste ST610, Nashville, TN 37214-3685 © CGS Administrators, LLC. All Rights Reserved