Do you need information on a submitted claim? The CGS Wizard can help! The CGS Wizard contains processed claim details for all claims submitted to Jurisdiction C. Just enter a 14-digit claim control number (CCN), and the CGS Wizard provides the claim denial details you need to resubmit your claim, request a redetermination, or request a reopening.
When you use the CGS Wizard, there is no need to call and verify that the information is correct or complete. The CGS Wizard shares the exact same, word-for-word processed claim information and education resources you'll get from a CGS customer support representative.
Use your 14-digit CCN to view:
- Processed claim information for all claims submitted to CGS Jurisdiction C
- Medical Review processing decisions for claims processed prior to March 1 2020, when the COVID-19 public health emergency (PHE) went into effect.
- Post-pay reviews are NOT included in the CGS Wizard.
To search for all CCNs within a specific date range: Export a spreadsheet that contains claim processing decisions for multiple CCNs.
- Download Medical Review Claims: Information is available for claims processed between June 30, 2014 and February 28, 2020.
- Post-pay medical review decisions are not included in the CGS Wizard.
- Download Completed DME Claims: Information is available for claims processed on or after September 1, 2016.
Since the claim must complete processing, it is important that you refer to your remittance advice for the final outcome of this claim and for your appeal rights.
Use this form to search for a single CCN.
|Line #||Number of Services||Procedure Code||Service From||Service To||Submitted Charge||Denial Reason(s)*|
* Refer to the list below for detailed explanations of the denial reason(s).
Claim Denial Reasons:
|Line #||Number of Services||Procedure Code||Service From||Service To||Submitted Charge||Allowed Amount||Message|
Use this form to search for all CCNs within a specific date range.
For a listing of all claims within a particular date range, enter your NPI, one CCN, and date range below:
Note: This information will present in a spreadsheet format.
You will receive two warning messages.
- "Do you want to open or save (name of file) from cgsmedicare.com?"
- Choose Open or Save.
- "The file you are trying to open, ‘file name’, is in a different format than specified by the file extension. Verify that the file is not corrupted and is from a trusted source before opening the file. Do you want to open the file now?”
- Choose Yes
This could take a couple of minutes.
Please try again using a shorter date range.
Please re-check all fields and date ranges and try again.
These could be the reasons why:
- The CCN is not found within the date ranges you provided.
- The CCN has not been assigned to the NPI you provided.
Double check the CCN to make sure it is correct!