Do you need information on a submitted claim? CGS Wizard can help! CGS Wizard (formerly, MR WIZARD) contains processed claim details for all claims submitted to Jurisdiction C, ADR status, medical review decisions and resources directly from our website! Just enter a 14-digit CCN (claim control number) and CGS Wizard will give you the claim and/or medical review denial details you need to resubmit your claim! If your CCN is also tied to an additional documentation request, the CGS Wizard will let you know the status. The CGS Wizard also links you directly to education that is specific to your individual needs.
When you use CGS Wizard, there is no need to call and verify that the information is correct or complete because CGS Wizard gives you exactly the same, word-for-word processed claim information and education resources you’ll get from any CGS customer service advocate and, the information is exactly the same whether you use our other CGS self-service tools including CGS GO Mobile and myCGS!
Use your 14-digit Claim Control Number (CCN) to view:
- Processed claim information for all claims submitted to CGS Jurisdiction C
- Medical Review processing decisions
- Additional Documentation Request Status
For processed DME claims, information is only available on or after September 1, 2016.
Status information for any Medical Review ADR letter sent is available on or after January 20, 2017.
For claims undergoing Medical Review, information is available on or after June 30, 2014.
You can also export a spreadsheet that contains medical review and claim processing decisions for multiple CCNs. The spreadsheet will contain the same information for each claim.
Since the claim must complete processing, it is important that you refer to your remittance advice for the final outcome of this claim and for your appeal rights.
Use this form to search for a single CCN.
|Line #||Number of Services||Procedure Code||Service From||Service To||Submitted Charge||Denial Reason(s)*|
* Refer to the list below for detailed explanations of the denial reason(s).
Claim Denial Reasons:
|Line #||Number of Services||Procedure Code||Service From||Service To||Submitted Charge||Allowed Amount||Message|
Use this form to search for all CCNs within a specific date range.
For a listing of all claims within a particular date range, enter your NPI, one CCN, and date range below:
Note: This information will present in a spreadsheet format.
You will receive two warning messages.
- "Do you want to open or save (name of file) from cgsmedicare.com?"
- Choose Open or Save.
- "The file you are trying to open, ‘file name’, is in a different format than specified by the file extension. Verify that the file is not corrupted and is from a trusted source before opening the file. Do you want to open the file now?”
- Choose Yes
This could take a couple of minutes.
Please try again using a shorter date range.
Please re-check all fields and date ranges and try again.
These could be the reasons why:
- The CCN is not found within the date ranges you provided.
- The CCN has not been assigned to the NPI you provided.
Double check the CCN to make sure it is correct!